No one is an island. All year your team has been working tirelessly to serve and support your customers and clients. This week is the perfect opportunity to give back to your hard working team by letting them know how much their efforts are appreciated. Re-engage and re-energize!
Myra Golden is a Customer Service expert, and rocks this week with some tips on how to do just that.
Myra’s 10 Energizers to Bring Fun and Connectiveness Back to Your Team:
- Invite someone from the C-Suite to come to the front line and take calls!
- Plan a lunch with the President.
- Eat together at the same time with an office buffet, or virtual meetup over food with take out or a home cooked meal.
- Virtual break-room – make a place always open for people to come hang out for a time period, no agenda, just an open zoom or place to meet online.
- Use the Start, Stop, Continue goal method to make personal, team and company improvements. Ask – What will you start doing, what will you stop doing and what will you continue doing.
- Virtual Scavenger Hunt – type up a list of 10 things that people can go hunt for in their homes then share. First people to get all 10 items (and show them) wins!
- Virtual Show and Tell – ask everyone to pick up something that is near by them and have them tell a story about it.
- Virtual Dance Party – play music, dress comfy and dance together for 3 minutes. Dancing can be done at anytime and any place to up the energy.
- Getting to Know You – have everyone take the same Personality test before your event and then gather to share what you learned. (Try it out with our Influence Styles quiz!)
- Guess the Baby! – Great ice breaker that makes everyone smile. Assign a moderator to gather pictures of the team members or attendees as babies, post the pictures on the virtual meeting screen and have the participants guess who.
As important as it is for your team to connect and re-engage, it is equally important to practice self-care. As Myra says, “when you can breath… you are free to focus. You are free to support. You are free to build up those around you.” Check out her tips on setting boundaries and taking your power back so you can re-energize and be available to support your team!
Myra’s 7 Tips for Taking Your Power Back:
- Try schedule blocking.
- Pause your email.
- Learn to say no without feeling guilty and without explanation.
- Physically step away from work multiple times a day.
- Take a full lunch every day.
- Take a 20 minute walk.
- Delegate more.
We hope we’ve inspired you to celebrate your team this week. And, keep the ball rolling – these fantastic tips can be used any time of year to get your team, and yourself, back on track.
Missed the Customer Service Week day-by-day schedule? Check it out here!
About the Expert
Myra Golden is a favorite training partner to Fortune 500 companies with her customized, engaging, behavior-changing (and fun) customer service workshops, working with large brands like McDonald’s, Coca-Cola, Frito-Lay, Michelin, and Vera Bradley. Before becoming the go-to trainer for some of the world’s biggest brands, Myra was the Global Head of Consumer Affairs for Thrifty Rent-a-Car System.
- Myra was named one of the top 100 Rising Stars by Travel Agent Magazine for her landmark work in leading her team to restore customer confidence after service failures.
- Myra has a master’s degree in human relations and a bachelor’s degree in psychology, helping her to understand the challenges of developing the best customer experience as it relates to the psychology of the employees.